Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Year 10 English l Debate Essay

So... I haven't exactly finished my essay yet due to running out of time but here is what I've got so far


Debate Essay topic: Crimes against animals should be
punished as equally as crimes against humans


Essay:
Should crimes against animals really be punished as equally as crimes against humans?
I think this should be a law but I will go into further detail later, here are 3 points I will be talking
about:


  1. Humans and animals are both animals
  2. What kinds of crimes are there to deal with



I’m going to start by saying that technically both humans and animals are animals, well it really
depends on your perspective on whether humans are animals or not (this could just be a debate
on it’s own) but we are our own type of animal, and I think it would be fair if crimes against
animals should be punished as equally as crimes against humans.


It seems unfair that crimes against animals remain unpunished so we should make it that if you
were to majorly harm your pet or someone else’s pet then you should be charged or put in jail or
if you were to lock your pet in a cage or your house and not let them out for a long time
(Using a dog as an example for this one) then that should give you jail-time or something along
those lines.
The last example is not giving your pet their food or giving them water and there are many other
reasons to get punished for doing something to your pet.

4 comments:

  1. mr mcdonald ringdahl

    on your first point: that humans and animals are animals; is 1) not entirely clear, 2) their being of the same category is no justification for anything, 3) how do you know that non-human animals can experience emotions in the same way that humans can?

    regards
    mr walton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was very thoughtful towards animals and good jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat post, Kaiden!
    I liked your example of pets not being given food. Earlier, you mentioned how you think humans are animals, too. Perhaps the next part of your argument could get the reader to think about what would happen if humans weren't given food and water.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.