Pages

Friday 1 November 2019

Year 10 English l Persuasive writing #2

Sugary drinks should have higher taxes: Against

When there are sugary drink taxes vs when there aren't:

  • It's good when they are cheap so you can enjoy a nice refreshing flavoured drink
  • If flavoured drinks are expensive then more people will drink water
My 3 strongest ideas:
  1. When it's a hot day, you would want a nice cold drink to help cool you down. Sure, water is good but it's much more refreshing to have a nice, cold and cheap coca-cola to cool down on a hot summers day.
  2. If the taxes go up for flavoured drinks then if your poor, you will just be stuck with water and water gets pretty bland after a while.
  3. This is kind of combining with number 2 but when you can't afford flavoured drinks, all you have is water and as I said, it gets pretty bland after a while with the 1 flavour it has which is basically flavourless but with flavoured drinks, there are hundreds of different flavours to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.