Pages

Friday 31 May 2019

Year 10 Science l Acid Rain

So I'm going to be starting off with the proccess of acid rain:

1. Carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides and sulfur dioxide escapes into the air.
2. These molecules dissolve in the water in the clouds and make the rainwater more acidic than normal.
3. The acidic water is in the clouds and then it rains down on the land.

Here's how acid rain could cause environmental problems:

A: The buildings will start to dissolve the more it rains from the acid in the rainwater.
B: The trees will dry up from the acid in the rainwater.
C: The rainwater will mix with the acid and the river will be polluted and undrinkable.

Effects of acid rain on the Oamaru stone:

Acid rain could dissolve buildings and depending on how long it rains depends on how much damage it will do and this is basically the same with statues. It may take a while to dissolve with Oamaru stone.

That's pretty much all I have for this blog, please comment on how I can improve my work so I can improve my learning.

1 comment:

  1. Great start Kaiden, it would be good to see a diagram or picture to show the process too. I really like how you have talked about the process and its impacts.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.