Pages

Friday 24 May 2019

Year 10 DTE l Hit the Target V2 (Sphero game)

I've just finished my planning phase of my 'Hit the Target' game and now I'm onto my coding phase where I have to code my sphero to do what I want it to do (as you will see from my step by step plan below)

Hit the Target V2:


Step 1. Make the target and add random holes around it (possibly make the target out of
cardboard)


Step 2. Put the target on an angle while making sure that it is stable when it stands up straight
so the sphero can roll up on the target.


Step 3. Label each of the holes in the target based on points, for example, the outside of the
target is 0 points, the side of the target is 20 points, and the bullseye is 50 points.


Step 4. Code the sphero to go straight up (heading towards the target) and then as it rolls up
the target, make the sphero do a random movement to make this game more of a challenge.


Step 5. Code the sphero to say “Start Hit the Target V2 game” when you start the game and
when you get the sphero through the target, it will say “Good human, you have gotten some
points” and if you don’t, it says “You didn’t make it, SAD!”


Step 6. Code the Sphero to get a point “on landing” inside the target

Step 7. Get as many people as you want to play this with you so don’t be a loner, choose how many points you want to do to win as long as it’s above 50 points.


I hope this was explained well enough for you to understand and let me know how I might be able to improve this in the comments, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.