Pages

Friday 27 September 2019

Year 10 Science l Wind racing

I am going to quickly say that in class, we have been creating wind racers and once finished, we would see whos wind racer went the furthest or the fastest and whoever won either of those got a prize, anyway, here's to what I was going to say

So I am going to be talking about the process of creating the Moromobile wind racer, so first is research.

So we didn't do too much research but if looking for designs counts as research then we did do some research which leads me to the next bit.
We were looking at this design of a kiwi silhouette and put that on our wind racer and then coloured it in so it looks like the NZ flag on the inside, after that we put a big "M" at the front to represent my YouTube channel and yea that was basically the design because we didn't have much time to do much.
The way we built it was putting a little bit of cardboard behind the paper but that didn't work very effectively because the paper was just ripping apart as the leafblower hit it so with the redesign, we put a whole lot of cardboard behind the paper but that just made the wind racer tip over because one side had more cardboard than the other so it just tipped to its side.

Anyway, I think we worked well as a group because all of us were contributing to doing something whether it be designing or building the wind racer or anything else and I think this project was actually quite fun and pretty interesting with all the outcomes





















No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.