Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2019

Year 10 Social Studies l Maori God / Atua Blog

Discuss the idea of Mythology/stories in religion, and the role myths and stories play in society?

They make people believe that back then there was a God that created the world.
It is providing people with an understanding of how the world was created, as well-meaning to their life.

What similarities are there between the myths and stories of Màori and the first British Missionaries?

They all believe that there is some type of god that created the whole thing back then.

Why would the difference between Màori beliefs and English beliefs cause conflict?

Both the Maori mythology and Christain religion emphasised worship and solidity of their god/s respectfully.

Credit to http://hhsmeaganm.blogspot.com/ for this info :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.