Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Year 10 Science l 4 things I have learned

Here are the 4 things I have learned over the past 4 weeks

1. I've learned that no matter how many offsprings you've had that are of the same gender, there's still just a 50% chance of it being a boy or a girl, the percentage doesn't get any lower.

2. I've learned that a creature's ancestors may have had something that it doesn't have in the modern day, for example, A dog's ancestor may have had wings (not true) but its modern-day self doesn't have wings anymore.

3. I've learned that the dominant alleles are the ones with the capital alleles (XX) or capital and a lowercase (Xx), the non-dominant has both lowercase alleles (xx).

4. I've learned that mutations exist, but not the stuff you see on TV shows and movies, it's more like a change in the genes and alleles (by the way, don't take my word for it because I'm not 100% sure but please correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks for reading my post, feel free to leave me a comment on your thoughts and my errors.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Kaiden, you have shown well some of the content learnt in the topic. 4. is right- well done.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.