Pages

Friday 31 July 2020

Year 11 English l Describing Pathos, Logos and Ethos

Pathos: 

Pathos is something that evokes sadness. 
It can be used in an argument to draw the audience in and help it connect with the argument
An example of this is when your driving with your mum past Maccas and she says that there's food at home which brings great sadness.

Logos:

Logos is the meaning of reason and judgement.
It can be used in an argument that appeals to the audience's logic or reason.
An example of this is when a speaker makes historical events relevant to their argument

Ethos:

Ethos is a characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community.
It can be used as a means of convincing an audience through the authority or credibility of the persuader.
An example of this is when something like an ad about toothpaste coming up and it mentioned that 9/10 dentists use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.