Pages

Thursday 20 June 2019

Year 10 Science l Corrosion experiment

Aim: 
I am investigating the factors that cause rusting in Irons

What I think is going to happen: 
I think that the magnesium and water will be the best at preventing the corrosion on the nail and the plain water will corrode the nail, those are my thoughts.

What is corrosion?
Metal being damaged or a better word would be rusted.

Here are some pleasant images of nails corroding.




















The best at preventing corrosion: Oil
Which caused most corrosion: Nail polish
That's pretty much it so tell me in the comments if I need to improve upon anything or just tell me what you thought.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaiden, why did you think the magnesium would help stop corrosion? Next time it would be great to see you write a discussion- why did you see the results that you did? what caused oil to be the best and nail polish to be the worst?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.